We look at how to present information using the full range of formats, charts, and dashboard options available.
We also explore the requirements for accurate data entry, the use of formulae and functions, and the role played by formats, charts and dashboards when presenting results.
You must take both workshops to make up 6 hours training. Every workshop is 3 hours long. We also offer a intensive path where you will complete both workshops in a single day.
Workshop 1: MS Excel and the fundamentals.
- Explore how to enter data into a spreadsheet, and format it to make it easy to work with
- Perform calculations on data using formulae and functions
- Format the results to bring them alive and make them easy to understand
- Explore larger sets of data using sorts, filters and lookups
Workshop 2: Modelling the business in MS Excel.
- Discuss the design and build models for cashflow forecasting, resource allocation and consumption under a range of scenarios
- Display the results using filters, formats, pivots and charts
- Describe the role that macros play in automating repetitive data processes
- Explain how specialist functions can extend the range of functions already available
Who is the course for?
FREE to Milton Keynes businesses – this is an introductory level workshop for Business Owners and Managers who want to use MS Excel spreadsheets to model elements of their business and display results using the full range of charting tools.
You must take both workshops to make up 6 hours training. Every workshop is 3 hours long. We also offer an intensive path where you have the opportunity to complete both workshops in a single day.
Introduction to Using Excel Spreadsheets for SMEs