We cover domain acquisition and purchase, and how to choose a hosting service provider with WordPress as the hosting application.
We explore the link between your website and search engines, and the services offered by Google through its search console and analytics platforms.
We also examine how to make your website secure, and the different levels of website security accreditation that customers will expect.
You must take both workshops to make up 6 hours training. Every workshop is 3 hours long. We also offer a intensive path where you will complete both workshops in a single day.
Workshop 1: Website foundations.
- Explain how to procure a domain and set up a basic website using a major web hosting service
- Explore how a website works and the role of the domain name
- Explain the fundamental requirements for website security.
Workshop 2: Website content.
- Develop web pages and blog posts using WordPress and a Content Management System
- Organise content for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Register a website with the Google Search Console
- Set up Google Analytics.
Who is the course for?
FREE to Milton Keynes businesses – this is an application level workshop for anyone wanting to understand how to set up a business website for use with digital marketing.
You must take both workshops to make up 6 hours training. Every workshop is 3 hours long. We also offer an intensive path where you have the opportunity to complete both workshops in a single day.
How to Set Up Your Website for Digital Marketing